The 2019 North American Youth Championships will be held July 25-28th, 2019 in conjunction with The Event at Rebecca Farm in Kalispell, MT. The successful applicant must meet the requirements of the Official USEF Selection Procedures as well as the USEA Area IV Selection Requirements.
Please be aware that the FEI has adopted a new star system and language for 2019. For more information, please review the USEA’s article What the *****? The New FEI Star System Explained.
· Athlete/horse combinations wishing to compete on the NAYC-J Team must have earned one (1) Minimum Eligibility Requirement (MER) at either a CCI-S2* or CCI-L2* within the Qualifying Period which began January 1, 2018 and ends on June 23, 2019. Additionally bot the athlete and the horse, though not necessarily as a combination, must have achieved 3 MERs at the Preliminary level or higher plus an additional MER at the Preliminary or higher with no more than 20 jumping penalties on cross country.
· The age requirements will remain unchanged. Competitors at the NAYC-J level must have been born on or between January 1st, 2001 and December 31st, 2005
· Since NAYC is not an FEI Championship, either a valid National Passport or an FEI Passport will be accepted. All horses must be microchipped.
· Athletes will be able to ride in both the NAYC-J and CCIO-S-Y if selected.
· Applications deadline will be March 1, 2019 at 12:00pm EDT
· Balloting language: Based on the total number of entries in the NAYC-J and the CCIO-S-Y, additional individuals may be invited in proportion to the total number of nominated entries per Area.
The format and qualification for the CCIO-S-Y will remain unchanged for the 2019 NAYC with the exception that a National or FEI passport will be accepted.